Nyko Data Bank Plus Accessory - PlayStation 4
- New: Use the original 2.5" drive alongside a new 3.5" drive
- Universal SATA cartridge compatible with both "1000" and "1200" series PS4 console - Not compatible with the PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro.
- Easily toggle between the 2.5" drive and 3.5" drive via the built in switch while the console is off
- Expand the PS4 internal memory capacity by adding the 3.5" and 2.5" drive of your choice - hard drives not included
- Enables the use of a larger more economical drive for game saves and installation not currently possible with external drives
Easily upgrade the PlayStation 4's hard drive space with the Data Bank Plus. The Data Bank Plus allows the use of a 3.5" hard drive in addition to the stock 2.5" hard drive that comes pre-installed on the system. This is a new feature for the Data Bank Plus and allows the stock hard drive to still be used as storage. Switching between the two hard drives is simple and is done by the press of a button while the console is powered off. Typically, 3.5" hard drives have a higher read/write speed than 2.5" hard drives, which may slightly improve load times in some games and are available at higher capacities for a lower cost. The Data Bank also features a front facing LED indicator which illustrates when the PlayStation 4 is accessing or saving content on the hard drive. The Data Bank is powered by a built-in power pass-through cord so it does not require its own power outlet. Installing the Data Bank Plus is easy and takes only a few minutes. After backing up your saved data, simply remove the top cover of the PS4 and take out the internal 2.5" hard drive by removing one screw via the included screw driver. Slide the included Universal Cartridge into place, fasten it down with the screw and then snap the Data Bank onto the top of the PS4. Once installed, place the 2.5" hard drive in the Data Bank and then place a SATA 3 3.5" hard drive in and attach the cover. The last step is to plug the power pass-through cord into the PS4 and then plug the PS4 power cord into the pass-through port. Detailed instructions on how to back up and transfer PS4 save files, Data Bank installation and how to initialize the PS4 firmware on a new drive are included in the box. With the Data Bank Plus installed, the storage capacity of the PS4 can be expanded up to 8TB with a 3.5" hard drive, drastically increasing the amount of games and save files that can be stored on the system.